These may just be my favorite “healthy fry” I’ve tried yet. Try these out for your next dinner or potluck!The baked zucchini really tastes like a french fry. Dip in Marinara sauce for an extra treat =).
- 3 zucchini – sliced into 3″ sticks
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs (I used whole wheat, Parmesan)
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º F and grease cookie sheets
- Combine egg white, dash of salt, dash of pepper and whisk
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, grated cheese, and garlic powder. Put this mixture into a ziplock bag for easy coating!
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, then roll in bread crumbs mixture
- Place on cookie sheet, bake for approximately 20 – 25 minutes!