I decided to make a light, homemade tomato sauce last night and it was so incredibly easy, healthy, and fresh, I’m not sure why I’d ever buy packaged tomato sauce again.
I made homemade whole wheat pasta to go with it!
I got the original recipe HERE and can confirm that this only takes 10 minutes!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, let the garlic cook / brown for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Let simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the fresh basil leaves and enjoy!