A 4×4 closure wig is a hairpiece or wig with a 4×4 wig size. It is positioned in the center of the head and extends from one end of the temple to the other. The hair is sewn to a lace base by hand, and its 4×4 dimensions add to the wig’s natural look.
Closure wigs are popular among those who have hair loss or thinning in the crown area. Many individuals choose lace closure wigs because they appear better on the head, especially if you have curly hair. They are also easy to install and take off, which is why so many first-time wig wearers choose this option!
However, owning a 4×4 closure wig comes with a lot of responsibility. From securing the wig to protecting the hair, closure wigs necessitate extra effort to extend their lifespan. These wigs, like your own hair or extensions, need to be cared for and looked after.
There are a few things you need to consider when caring about your wigs. This article will walk you through the steps of caring for your 4×4 closure wig. Let’s get started!
Tips on How to Maintain Your 4×4 Closure Wig
- Always remember to remove any custom wigs or hairpieces before going to bed. Wear a silk hat or scarf to protect your wig if it is stitched along the hairline or affixed with an adhesive.
- To provide a perfect appearance, make sure your closing wig is sewn firm and flat.
- Always make sure your 4×4 closure wig is kept in position and isn’t twisting or bending at any stage when stitching it down.
- When removing your closure wig, use a specific adhesive remover and remove it gently.
- Detangle the hairpiece with a wide comb before washing it. Always begin combing from the ends and work your way up to the roots of the wig. Never begin combing from the roots since this will weaken them and cause them to break.
- Wash your 4×4 closure wig with a sulfate-free shampoo or conditioner. The oil produced by your scalp is beneficial to your hair, but wigs lack a natural moisturizing source. So, they must be washed using chemical-free shampoos that are gentle on your wig and prevent hair damage.
- How frequently you should wash your wig is determined by how often you use it. If you wear your wig every day, washing it twice a month should suffice to keep it looking fresh for a longer time. If you only use your wig once in a while, you can wash it once a month.
- Washing your wig too regularly might diminish its life expectancy. Never wash your wig in cold or hot water since hot water will loosen the construction, and cold water won’t get rid of dirt.
- Always put your wig on a mannequin’s head if it isn’t stitched to your head. This way, the wig stays in place when not in use, and you can just wear it on your way out.
- Avoid using heavy oils or style lotions on your 4×4 closure wig because they will weigh it down and make it look greasy. To avoid damage to your wig, use as little heat as possible.
These are some helpful tips for maintaining your 4×4 closure wigs and keeping them looking smooth and healthy. By following these pointers, you will undoubtedly be extending the life of your wig!